What’s open and closed in Burnaby this New Year’s weekend
Know before you go!
We’ve made it to the end of 2021, Burnaby. With New Year’s Day falling on a weekend, you may be running around trying to get some last-minute errands done for your stay-at-home (small) celebrations.
We’ve compiled a list of what’s open and closed on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day in Burnaby to help you with your long weekend planning.
Have a safe and happy New Year, Burnaby!
Burnaby City Hall will be open for limited holiday hours:
- Dec 31 – 8am to 4:45pm
- Jan 3 – CLOSED in lieu of New Years Day
- City hall will fully reopen to the public on Jan 4, 2022
Burnaby Public Library
- Dec 31 – All locations open until 5pm
- January 1-3 CLOSED
- All locations will resume regular hours on Jan 4
- The Amazing Brentwood: Dec 31: 10 am to 5pm/ Jan 1: 10am to 5pm
- Metropolis at Metrotown: Dec 31: 10 am to 6pm/ Jan 1: 11am to 7pm
- The City of Lougheed Mall: Dec 31: 11am to 5pm/ Jan 1: 11am to 6pm
- Crystal Mall: Dec 31 and Jan 1: Regular hours (9am to 9pm). Please note, individual shops have their own opening hours.
- BC Liquor stores will be open on Dec 31 from 9:30am to 6pm. All locations will be CLOSED on Jan 1.
- Independent liquor stores may have adjusted hours. Check out their info here:
- West Coast Liquor – 7651 Royal Oak Ave
- Oliver Twist Liquor Store – 7555 Edmonds St/ Phone:
- Hop and Vine Liquor Store – 1601 Burnwood Dr
- Liquor Mart- 7755 6th St/ Phone: (604) 515-1110
- Angry Otter Liquor – 4125 Hastings St
- CW Liquor Store – 5097 Canada Way/ Phone:
- JAK’S Beer Wine Spirits – 5665 Kingsway/ 5901 Broadway
Check New Year’s Eve and New Years Day hours for your local grocer here:
- Buy Low Foods
- Whole Foods
- Choices Market – The Crest Burnaby
- T&T Supermarket
- Sungiven Foods
Check New Year’s Eve and New Years Day hours for your local drug store here: